- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
As a second level and expansion to BCST 1180, this course offers a more in-depth look at the functions and tools of editing using Adobe Premiere. Students will explore advanced editing practices, layering and blending techniques, green screen, multicamera editing and work with more advanced effects and graphics, using additional tools to make the most of the editing experience. Students will also briefly examine and use other programs incorporated into Adobe's Creative Cloud, which include Photoshop, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Media Encoder, that are an integral part of becoming a professional video editor. In-class discussions will also be beneficial to students in preparation for being employable as an editor.
- 50% in BCST 1180
Below is one offering of BCST 2282 for the Winter 2024 term.
Thu Jan 11 - Thu Mar 14 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 81175
- Domestic fees $596.11International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 11||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 234|
|Jan 18||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 234|
|Jan 25||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Online|
|Feb 01||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 234|
|Feb 08||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 234|
|Feb 15||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Online|
|Feb 22||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Online|
|Feb 29||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 234|
|Mar 07||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Online|
|Mar 14||Thu||18:00 - 21:40||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 234|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is hybrid delivery – both synchronous online and in person classes. You will be expected to attend online and in person classes during the posted class meeting times as this is not a self-paced course. The in person classes will be held at Burnaby Campus SE10 building on the following DATES: Thu. Jan 11, Thu. Jan 18, Thu. Feb 1, Thu. Feb 8, Thu. Feb 29, Thu. Mar 14. You will require access to the Adobe Creative Cloud to complete this course - registered BCIT students will receive further information closer to the course start date with subscription details. Permission is required to register for this course if the pre-requisite has not been completed, by contacting the Program Assistant, Gena_Peters@bcit.ca.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Perform advanced editing techniques.
- Identify basic techniques for multi-cam editing.
- Manage offline and online media.
- Manipulate green screen and ‘chroma’ key footage.
- Demonstrate basic color correction using Premiere and SpeedGrade.
- Prepare project timelines for Adobe After Effects workflow.
- Execute nesting techniques.
- Manipulate audio effects to fix or enhance soundscapes.
- Use Adobe Dynamic Link and work between Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
Effective as of Winter 2016
Advanced Video Editing (BCST 2282) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Video Production and Editing
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Video Editing (BCST 2282)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.