This Architectural and Building Technology (ABT) certificate is offered through Part-time Studies. The program is designed to provide students with a competency skill level for working in the field of housing and small building design and construction.
Program delivery mode: blended
- This program will be delivered for the coming semester as a combination of online and on-campus learning. While some of your coursework will take place online, there will also be in-person sessions.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 information for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
It is recommended to individuals who want to advance in their careers or are currently working in design/build offices for homes and small commercial projects, material suppliers and installers, estimating, and real estate marketing, property management and municipal offices.
Courses have been designed to satisfy some of the academic requirements of the following organizations:
- ASTTBC – Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia
- BOABC – Building Officials Association of British Columbia
- IDIBC – Interior Designers Institute of British Columbia
Students applying for transfer credits towards the above program must first declare the program. Courses for TCR must have been taken within 5 years (5 year currency) of the application for TCR. Only first level courses are eligible for TCR. The student must also have obtained a minimum of 70% or a second class pass, or B- in the course for which they are applying for TCR. The approved TCR is only applicable to this program and will not necessarily be acceptable by other program areas. Transfer credits for COMM, MATH, CIVL and PHYS courses must be approved by the home department. Students who wish to apply for TCR of their courses for any other programs shall apply to the individual programs areas for approval. All application for program declaration and TCR are now required to be completed online. The student is responsible for submission of all applicable documents and transcripts before any decision will be made for TCR.
Some ABT Part-time Studies courses have been developed to align content with first year courses in the Architectural and Building Technology (ABT) diploma program. Those students intending to continue their academic careers in the diploma program MUST APPLY to the ABT full-time program and meet all the entrance requirements to be considered for admission. Once accepted, course credits from the ABT part-time studies programs may be granted toward the two-year Diploma. Course credit transfers will be assessed on an individual basis. For more information, please refer to Transfer Credit on the ABT Diploma’s entrance requirements page.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.