Builds upon the topics introduced in BLDC 1200/1205. Lecture topics include working drawing standards, roof construction, advanced (efficient) framing techniques, modified post and beam construction, straight and curved stairs, doors and windows. Students will be required to resolve and create working drawings for more complex wood frame construction such as intersecting roofs and stairs.
- 50% in BLDC 1200
Below is one offering of BLDC 2200 for the Fall 2022 term.
Wed Sep 07 - Wed Nov 23 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 32313
Class meeting times
|Sep 07 - Nov 23||Wed||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 323|
There will be no class September 30th and November 11 statutory holidays. This course runs in a blended mode. In-person classes will be held on Wednesdays. Students will also participate in weekly "Virtual Classroom" sessions on Fridays. You will require a stable internet connection, a laptop or desktop computer for this course. You must also have an e-mail address and access to a computer capable of downloading basic documents.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify architectural working drawing requirements.
- Produce an accurate geometric layout for a complex roof design.
- Resolve and draw roofing details incorporating natural ventilation, thermal requirements and structural adequacy.
- Design and detail an interior wood frame stair while resolving the structure of the floor opening, stringers, landing and handrail details.
- Implement BC Building Code requirements.
- Application of all of the above using proper building construction practices.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2012
Construction 2 A (BLDC 2200) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Construction 2 A (BLDC 2200)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.