Covers basic concepts involved in architectural rendering and animating 3D models. Uses advanced 3D rendering software (3D Studio Max) to explore the concepts of materials, lighting and form, and how they are combined to create high-quality presentation media.
- 50% in BLDG 3400
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Be competent and familiar with 3D Studio Max interface.
- Import/link Autocad data into these applications.
- Access the on-line help system and user documentation.
- Create basic and advanced geometric primitives in 3DS Max.
- Create and apply basic materials to 3D objects.
- Create accurate lighting systems, (daylight and artificial illumination).
- Use cameras and simple animation techniques to create images and movies to best visualize designs.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Architectural CAD Rendering (BLDG 3405) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Architectural CAD Rendering (BLDG 3405)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.