- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. The exact cost will be displayed prior to confirming registration.
Continues from BLDC 2200. Lecture topics include site and survey plans, concrete foundation detailing, engineered wood products, residential services, prescriptive wood frame design guidelines and when a structural engineer is needed. Other discussions include prefabricated buildings and an introduction to multi-family wood frame construction.
Below is one offering of BLDC 2205 for the Fall 2023 term.
Wed Sep 06 - Wed Nov 22 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 44146
Class meeting times
|Sep 06 - Nov 22||Wed||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 323|
|Sep 08 - Nov 17||Fri||18:30 - 21:30||Online|
This course runs in a blended mode. In-person classes will be held on Wednesdays. Students will also participate in weekly "Virtual Classroom" sessions on Fridays. You will require a stable internet connection, a laptop or desktop computer for this course. You must also have an e-mail address and access to a computer capable of downloading basic documents.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Resolve and detail a residential foundation, drainage, and site plan for a sloping site.
- Determine typical reinforcing details and placement of rebar in residential foundations.
- Implement relevant BC Building Code requirements.
- Identify alternative structural wood members used in residential construction.
- Produce and read basic residential HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services drawings.
- Recognize when a designer must involve a structural engineer in wood frame design.
- Distinguish the different types of prefabrication used in construction.
- Application of all of the above using proper building construction practices.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2012
Construction 2 B (BLDC 2205) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Construction 2 B (BLDC 2205)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.