- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Introduces basic planning issues encountered in building and site design with emphasis on residential projects. Covers the influences of site conditions on building orientation, interior layout, and exterior form. Focus is on planning strategies for achieving good spatial and functional relationships in a dwelling.
- 50% in DRFT 1000
Below is one offering of BLDC 2000 for the Fall 2023 term.
Wed Sep 06 - Wed Nov 22 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 33256
Class meeting times
|Sep 06 - Nov 22||Wed||18:45 - 21:45||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 329|
This course is eligible for students to receive funding through the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant at www.bcit.ca/financial-aid/strongerbc-future-skills-grant/. Students will register for the course themselves, and then apply for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant to cover payment (if eligible).
Upon completion of this course, the student will be better able to:
- Apply the 'design process' as an approach to developing thoughtful, creative and responsible solutions to practical site and building design problems.
- Generate design solutions that regard influences, requirements, and constraints as design opportunities rather than design limitations.
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate the factors from the natural and built environments that must be considered and understood when formulating design options.
- Propose design solutions that respond to the influences and changing patterns of the built environment and that reflects the interrelationship of context, site and building.
- Produce a workable design solution to a residential planning problem.
- Illustrate design solution of orthographic and axonometric drawings, using various techniques.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Architectural Planning 1 (BLDC 2000) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Architectural Planning 1 (BLDC 2000)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.