Introduces basic planning issues encountered in building and site design with emphasis on residential projects. Covers the influences of site conditions on building orientation, interior layout, and exterior form. Focus is on planning strategies for achieving good spatial and functional relationships in a dwelling.
- 50% in DRFT 1000
$545.63 - $557.80 See individual course offerings below for actual costs.
Below is one offering of BLDC 2000 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Wed Apr 06 - Wed Jun 22 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 55259
Class meeting times
|Apr 06 - Jun 22||Wed||18:45 - 21:45||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 329|
Below is one offering of BLDC 2000 for the Fall 2022 term.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be better able to:
- Apply the 'design process' as an approach to developing thoughtful, creative and responsible solutions to practical site and building design problems.
- Generate design solutions that regard influences, requirements, and constraints as design opportunities rather than design limitations.
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate the factors from the natural and built environments that must be considered and understood when formulating design options.
- Propose design solutions that respond to the influences and changing patterns of the built environment and that reflects the interrelationship of context, site and building.
- Produce a workable design solution to a residential planning problem.
- Illustrate design solution of orthographic and axonometric drawings, using various techniques.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Architectural Planning 1 (BLDC 2000) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Architectural Planning 1 (BLDC 2000)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.