Building upon the topics presented in BLDC 2300, Estimating 3 provides the opportunity for students to measure items of work on more complex structures than the previous courses have introduced. Topics include development and application of labour and material prices for items of work. The course also identifies the role of construction cost accounting in the construction estimating process. Lecture topics will also include the ethics and challenges estimators will face in relation to fair business dealings, subcontractor relationships, and bid shopping.
Below is one offering of BLDC 3300 for the Winter 2023 term.
Thu Jan 12 - Thu Mar 30 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 89773
Class meeting times
|Jan 12 - Mar 30||Thu||18:45 - 21:45||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
***This is not a self-paced course. There will be specific time lines for assignments and exams.*** You must also have an e-mail address, a stable Internet connection, and access to a computer capable of downloading basic documents. Students will participate in weekly "Virtual Classroom" sessions, per the above class schedule
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge learned in the prerequisite courses to a complex project.
- Measure items of work in Divisions 8 and 10 through 14 in preparation for pricing.
- Prepare appropriate checklists, preliminary calculations, and take-off of the work.
- Apply the principles and techniques of measuring work items on standard quantity sheet forms in a systematic approach.
- Measure and price items of work in selected Divisions.
- Use costing references and cost accounting data in determining unit prices.
- Embrace the CIQS Code of Ethics as it relates to construction estimators.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Estimating 3 (BLDC 3300) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Estimating
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Estimating 3 (BLDC 3300)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.