Covers survey fundamentals and quantity take-off of civil engineering projects pertaining to roadwork, water, sewer and building construction. Topics include quantity take-off, productivity rates, labour and material costing, construction equipment and machinery, and project cost control. .
Below is one offering of CIVL 3230 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 11 - Wed Mar 15 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 89514
Class meeting times
|Jan 11 - Mar 15||Wed||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SW03 Rm. 3695|
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Only students who are in Construction Estimating Part-Time Certificate program must have completed BLDC 1300 or BLDT 1041 in order to obtain credit for this course. There are no prerequisites for students who are in Civil Technology Part-Time Certificate or taking this course for professional development. For more info please visit: commons.bcit.ca/civiltech/
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Read and interpret typical civil construction drawings.
- Identify common construction equipment and their applications.
- Identify fundamental construction activities for a typical construction project.
- Prepare portions of a contractor's estimate.
- Use basic project cost control on a project.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Civil Construction Estimating (CIVL 3230) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Civil Construction Estimating (CIVL 3230)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.