Using Your Midterm Grades
If you are currently a high school student, you can apply to a BCIT program using your midterm grades.
Step 1: Ensure you meet the criteria:
- You must be currently registered in the course.
- The midterm grade must be submitted to BCIT before the course end date.
- The midterm grade must be at or above the percentage grade specified in your program's entrance requirements.
- Midterm grades must be issued after the midpoint of the course and include at least 50% of the gradable content. BCIT reserves the right to request course outlines.
- Students offered acceptance with midterm grades may be required to submit official final grades. Failure to submit final grades may result in cancellation of your application.
Step 2: Submit the required documents:
Proof of registration
- Letter from your institution on official letterhead that includes:
- Student's name and signature
- Name and address of institution
- Course name, subject and number
- Course length in weeks, including start date and end date
- Midterm grade (percentage, if possible)
- Instructor's name
- Instructor's phone number
- Instructor's email
- Instructor's signature
- Letter must include the following statements:
Signed by the student:
"BCIT reserves the right to contact the instructor to verify the information provided on this form. I have read and understand what a midterm grade is for the purposes of my admission and I understand that if I submit false information my application will be cancelled."
Signed by the instructor:
"I verify that this student has completed 50% of the gradable content at the grade specified and that the midpoint of the course's duration has passed."
- In place of the letter, applicants can provide their instructor with the Midterm Grade Submission form [PDF], which includes all of the required information outlined above in a PDF-fillable format. Only signed forms are valid.
Current BC high school students: Instead of the documents outlined above, please submit your second term or mid-year report card.
Step 3: Submitting Final Grades
Applicants required to submit final grades will be notified through myCommunication in June. Deadline for final grades is one month prior to the start date of your program. Failure to provide final grades will result in cancellation of your application.
If you have questions about submitting midterm grades, contact Program Advising.