The BCIT Education Council (EdCo) focuses on academic matters, including:
- setting policies, criteria and procedures for awards, academic standing, appeals, and examinations
- defining curriculum content for courses
- advising the Board of Governors on developing educational policies, programs or priorities.
The Council consists of 20 members, all elected for terms of one or two years.
Standing committees and sub-committees
The Council established the following committees (Council sub-groups) to fulfill its legislated mandate:
- Programming Standing Committee:
Reviews all proposals for new programs and major changes, and makes recommendations to Education Council
- Policy Standing Committee:
Reviews all new and revised educational policies and associated procedures, and makes recommendations to EdCo
- Executive Standing Committee:
Coordinates activities for all EdCo activities
- Education Technology and Learning Design Sub-Committee:
Provides strategic guidance and recommendations regarding the implementation and use of educational technology
The Education Council operates according to a series of established by-laws, procedures and standing committees [PDF].
Chair & Vice Chairs 2020–2021
Coordinator for the Education Council: Joanne Schaap
For information on the Education Council, please contact Joanne at 604-432-8529 or Joanne_Schaap@bcit.ca
Meeting schedule & minutes
For 2020-2021, meetings are being held via Zoom. Otherwise they are held in SE40, Royal Oak Boardroom on the Burnaby campus from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Meetings for this academic year
- September 23, 2020
- November 25, 2020
- January 27, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- May 12, 2021
- June 9, 2021