Our application and interview process differs from role to role. As an institute with a vision of empowering people, we want to prepare you for the hiring process.
Our hiring process
If you’ve applied to a position, you can check your application status in the careers portal. Here’s a bit more information about the process:
- Application – to start, submit your application through our careers portal.
- Know your knowledge – For certain positions, you might be called in to do some testing. This may happen before or after an interview.
- Shortlisting – We will contact the candidates shortlisted for an interview to schedule a time.
- Interview – You can expect a 45 min to 1 hr panel style interview focused on assessing your knowledge, skills and abilities. At this time, you may be asked to do a presentation or to demonstrate your skills and abilities. If this is the case, we will let you know at the shortlisting stage.
- Follow up – we may ask to speak to you a second time to get to know you better.
- References – if you are selected to move forward, you will be asked for 2-3 references who have worked in a supervisory role.
- Welcome – if you are successful, you will receive a verbal offer, followed by a letter of offer.
- Credentials – One last thing: you will need to submit originals of your credentials, directly from the granting institution. International credentials should be assessed by an approved credential evaluation services.
BCIT uses behavioural interviewing, which helps us see how you think and act in specific employment-related situations. You can use the STAR method to respond to behavioural interview questions. This will remind you of all the items to cover: