Empowering people. Shaping BC. Inspiring global progress.
Partnering learners and industry for success through workforce development.
We’re focusing on what sets BCIT apart: applied education and integration with industry.
We are also challenging ourselves to be more ambitious, more purposeful, and more integrated.
We are strengthening our commitment to improving the lives of the people who learn and work at BCIT.
Champion diversity & inclusion
Engage with respect
Our guiding statements – vision, mission and values – are at the core of everything we do at BCIT.
Reach. Relevance. Renewal. 2019–2022
The Strategic Plan is our overarching document, setting out our commitments for the coming years.
There are three major commitments that shape our Strategic Plan. We are intent on being a people-focused organization that delivers future-proof applied education, amplifying our impact through globally relevant connections.
Action plans & initiatives
We use action plans to focus on specific areas arising from the higher level Strategic Plan. These include:
- Education plan: Emphasizing interdisciplinarity, flexibility and responsiveness to help BCIT lead the way—well past 2022.
Learn more about the Education plan
- Indigenous Vision: Strengthening Indigenous perspectives and priorities.
Learn more about the Indigenous Vision
- Sustainability Vision: Leading socially just lives within ecological limits.
Learn more about the Sustainability Vision
- Anti-Racism Framework: Actively engaging in the elimination of racism and discrimination.
Learn more about the Anti-Racism Framework
- People Vision: Creating our future together.
Learn more about the People Vision
- Campus Plan: A vision for the future of the Burnaby campus.
Learn more about the Campus Plan
- Strategic Enrolment Management Plan: Addressing BCIT’s enrolment cycle from end to end—from planning, through to retention, completion and transition to alumni.