BCIT hosts and participates in sustainability events throughout the year. For a listing of current events, check out BCIT’s events calendar.
Hosting your own event? Make it sustainable!
BCIT events are an excellent opportunity to explore sustainability. From reducing waste to contributing positively to the community, hosting a sustainable event presents challenges and opportunities for creative environmentally friendly solutions. BCIT is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of campus events through:
- Decreasing the amount of solid waste produced by the event;
- Reducing energy and water consumption at the event;
- Minimizing or off-setting harmful emissions resulting from vehicular transportation and energy consumption associated with the event;
- Disposing of solid and liquid waste in an environmentally responsible manner;
- Eliminating the use of harmful chemicals at or for the event;
- Contributing positively to the community; and
- Increasing the event experience for visitors, exhibitors and organizers.