Campus Planning and Facilities is responsible for planning, constructing, maintaining and operating educational and research facilities on behalf of the Institute. We provide a diverse range of services required to manage almost 213,000 sq. m. (2,290,000 sq. ft.) of facilities located at five sites in the municipalities of Burnaby, Delta, North Vancouver, Richmond and Vancouver.
Who we are
Campus Planning and Facilities plans, develops and maintains BCIT’s campuses as outstanding places to study, work, live and enjoy.
- The Campus Planning team provides long-range facility and land-use planning for Institute, as well as reviewing major capital project feasibility studies. They also manage the campus design guidelines, mapping and space administration.
- Facilities Development and Facilities Improvements deliver capital projects for the institute, including major projects as well as renovations and building systems replacement to existing facilities and infrastructure.
- Facilities Services operates and maintains campus facilities and infrastructure, including building repairs, custodial and recycling.
- The Energy Team works to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions for the Institute.
- Parking & Transportation provides parking facilities for employees, students and visitors.
- Accounting and Business Systems oversees related business systems like Archibus, as well as managing BCITs central switchboard.
For a detailed view of our Department, see our Contacts Page.
Major project to provide affordable student housing for 470 BCIT students.
A collection of new and renovated buildings and enhanced campus infrastructure, the Complex, anchored by the Concert Properties Centre for Trades and Technology building, will create increased access to world-leading, adaptive learning environments for 21st-century trades education.
Campus Planning and Facilities also deliver renovations and building systems replacement to existing facilities and infrastructure.