International Student Guides
Explore our online International Student Guides for a convenient and helpful resource that you can access at any time. Please consider these guides and checklists to be an essential part of your overall orientation process!
To help you prepare to succeed in your studies at BCIT, the International Student Centre hosts International Orientation events each term. These events are free and highly recommended for new international students. Please note that registration is required for all events as capacity may be limited. Additional event details will be provided to registrants.
It’s important to understand that International Orientation is separate from BCIT Kick Start and mandatory program orientations.
Winter 2024 International Orientation
International Orientation for the Winter 2024 term includes both an online Orientation Workshop Series running from November through January (via Zoom) as well as International Orientation Day events.
Follow the links below for more details and to register. Please only register for 1 of the International Orientation Day events.
- Burnaby International Orientation Day – Wednesday, January 3 @ 5:30-6:30 pm
- For any new international student starting a program in the winter 2024 term
- Online International Orientation Day – Thursday, January 4 @ 12:00-12:30 pm
- For any international student starting a program who is not able to join the above in-person event
Date and Time: See the 2023 Calendar [PDF] and the 2024 Calendar [PDF]
All new students starting International Student Entry Program (ISEP) are required to attend the ISEP orientation which combines the program orientation with an international student orientation and is co-hosted by the ISEP program area and by the International Student Centre. Program orientation details will be communicated directly to all new ISEP students.
Other Online Orientation Resources
Introducing BCIT’s Student Success Hub
BCIT Kick Start video
- BCIT Student Success Hub
- Virtual BCIT Campus Tours
- Next Steps for New Students
- BCIT Kick Start & Program Orientation
- BCIT Indigenous Awareness Course
- BCIT Respect, Diversity, and Inclusion (RDI)
- BCIT English Language Support Services
- Counselling & Student Development
- BCIT Student Association (BCITSA)