International Student Centre Service Update
Please note that the International Student Centre will offer limited in-person drop-in service from January 12, 2022 to January 28, 2022. Students can instead visit our extended online services available during this period.
Visit Us In Person
The International Student Centre (ISC) can assist you in-person at the Burnaby Campus. The Downtown Campus location will reopen for in-person service at a later date to be announced.
|In-person Drop-in Service|
|Monday to Friday||10:00 am-12:00pm & 2:00pm- 4:00pm (limited to 2:00pm- 4:00pm between January 12 and January 28). Please visit online services available|
|Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays||Closed|
Building SW1, First Floor, Room 1170
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC, V5G 3H2
Tired of waiting in line?
Join the queue from anywhere and receive updates as your turn approaches:
- Text “BCIT” to 604-265-6182, or
- Visit the QLess site
If you don’t have a cell phone, you can still join the queue using the self-serve kiosk at Student Information and Enrolment Services, SW1 – First Floor.
If you are not present when your number is called, your turn will be moved to the end of the queue.
Can’t visit us in-person? The ISC is pleased to offer virtual drop-in services to international students via Zoom.
Topics that we may be able to help with
- Accessing BCIT & BCITSA services for students
- Study permits & Co-op work permits
- Academic status at BCIT (full-time versus part-time)
- Updating your status in Canada documents
- Medical insurance
- Travel to Canada and quarantine planning
- Working in Canada & post-graduation work permits
- International Letters of Verification
- Mental and physical wellbeing resources
- Adjusting to life in Canada
Have other types of questions?
- Information for prospective international students (contact email@example.com)
- Advising regarding which program or courses to enrol in (see Program Advising)
- International Credential Evaluations Services (contact ICES)
- Course registration, refund & withdrawals (contact Student Information & Enrolment Services)
- Immigration applications (contact an authorized immigration consultant or lawyer)