International Letters of Verification
Visit our main International Letters of Verification page for more information about:
- Other types of International Letters of Verification
- How to request a letter
- Paying the letter request fee
- How to access your letter
- Letters of verification from BCIT Student Records
International Confirmation of Enrolment (ICOE) letters are designed to provide IRCC with the information that they will require in order to process various applications such as study permits (including extensions) and co-op work permits. ICOE letters may also be used as proof of enrolment for students needing to travel to Canada and who do not have a valid Letter of Acceptance to use. ICOE letters are valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
The information on an ICOE letter includes:
- Your name and address as it is entered in your BCIT student account
- Your program of study
- Your current academic status (full-time or part-time)
- The start and anticipated end date of your current program
Note that ICOE letters are only available to students who are enrolled at BCIT during the current term. Students who have registered for future courses may apply for an International Confirmation of Future Registration letter instead.
- Be a current international student admitted or declared in a program at BCIT
- Be enrolled in courses for the current term at the time of request
- Have met BCIT’s study permit requirement or an alternative requirement if eligible
- Have submitted proof of enrolling in BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) – exemption for students who are studying remotely from outside of Canada due to COVID-19
- Not have any outstanding fees – see Payment Options at BCIT for instructions on how to pay your fees
- Have remained enrolled and made reasonable and timely progress towards completing your program
Processing time: up to 5 business days. Note that submissions made after 4 pm Pacific Time will not be considered received until the following business day.
Request an ICOE letter
Carefully review the information on this page and check that you meet all of the eligibility requirements BEFORE requesting an International Confirmation of Enrolment Letter.Go to letter request form!