Skip to main content

You may need to file a Canadian income tax return as an international student.

Normally, income tax returns must be filed on or before April 30 for the previous year. However, due to COVID-19, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has extended the deadline for 2019 tax returns until June 1, 2020.

Visit Are you an international student studying in Canada? on the CRA website to find out more about how income taxes work in Canada and if you need to file a tax return.

If you do need to file, then you may be eligible for assistance with completing your income tax return from a free tax clinic in your area.

Your T2202 official tax receipt will be available in your myBCIT account from the last day in February. You can use this for tax purposes. You may also have other tax slips, such as a T4 from your employer.