International Letters of Verification
Visit our main International Letters of Verification page for more information about:
- Other types of International Letters of Verification
- How to request a letter
- Paying the letter request fee
- How to access your letter
- Letters of verification from BCIT Student Records
International Confirmation of Future Registration (ICOFR) letters are available for students who have registered for courses and declared a program but have not yet started their program or are not enrolled during the current term when submitting the request. In this case, the International Confirmation of Future Registration Letter may be used to support a study permit application.
The information on an ICOFR letter includes:
- Your name and address as it is entered in your BCIT student account
- Your program of study
- The start and anticipated end date of your current program
- Program length determined by credential and credit value
- Your academic status based on the number of course credits for which you have registered (full-time status or part-time status)
- Be an international student admitted or declared in a Flexible Credential (Part-time Studies) program that accepts international students
- Be registered only in courses from your program matrix – Register for your first term course(s) based on the Academic Status definition for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requirements
- Not have any outstanding fees in your student account – see Payment Options at BCIT for instructions on how to pay your fees
- Provide proof of having a valid study permit or work permit (individuals with visitor status or who are outside Canada are NOT eligible for this letter, but may instead apply for ISEP+ Flex)
- Must have submitted proof of enrolling in BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- Letter request must be received at least four weeks before the first day of classes – you may be exempt from this requirement if you already have a valid study permit at the time of request
- Ensure that you can satisfy BCIT’s English Requirements
- We may request you to provide transcripts from all previous studies in Canada – your transcripts must demonstrate that you have remained enrolled and made reasonable and timely progress towards completing your studies and that you have remained in good academic standing throughout any previous studies in Canada*
*If in doubt about your academic standing during previous studies, you may email your transcripts in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org for a preliminary check at no charge. Once you submit a letter request, you will be charged a non-refundable $20 letter request fee regardless of if you are eligible or not.
Processing time: up to 5 business days. Note that submissions made after 4 pm Pacific Time will not be considered received until the following business day.
Request an ICOFR letter
Carefully review the information on this page and check that you meet all of the eligibility requirements BEFORE requesting an International Confirmation of Future Registration letter.Go to letter request form!