International Confirmation of Future Registration Letters are available for students who have registered for courses and declared a program but have not yet started their program. In this case, the International Confirmation of Future Registration Letter may be used to support a study permit application.
- Be an international student admitted or declared in a Part-time Studies program that accepts international students
- Be registered only in courses from your program matrix – Register for your first term course(s) based on the Part-time Studies Academic Status definition for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requirements
- Not have any outstanding fees in your student account – see Payment Options at BCIT for instructions on how to pay your fees
- Provide proof of having a valid status in Canada – such as a study permit or work permit; individuals with visitor status or restoration of status are NOT eligible
- Must have submitted proof of enrolling in BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- Letter request must be received at least eight weeks before the first day of classes – you may be exempt from this requirement if you already have a valid study permit at the time of request
- Ensure that you can satisfy BCIT’s English Requirements
- If applicable, provide transcripts from all previous studies in Canada – you must have remained enrolled and made reasonable and timely progress towards completing your studies; individuals must have remained in good academic standing throughout their previous studies in Canada in order to be eligible
Processing time: up to 5 business days. Note that submissions made after 4 pm Pacific Time will not be considered received until the following business day.