International students may request International Letters of Verification from the International Student Centre (ISC). These letters may be used for a number of purposes including to support certain applications to Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
On this page:
- Types of International Letters of Verification
- How to request a letter
- Paying the letter request fee
- How to access your letter & when it will be issued
- Letters of verification from BCIT Student Records
Types of International Letters of Verification
There are three types of international letters of verification:
- International Confirmation of Enrolment
- International Confirmation of Graduation
- International Confirmation of Future Registration
Each type of letter is designed for different purposes and has different eligibility criteria. Please make sure you are eligible BEFORE requesting a letter!
How to request a letter
To request an International Letter of Verification, follow the steps below:
- Before requesting any letter, update your contact information in your myBCIT account if necessary. The mailing address and phone number that we have on record will be included in your International Letter of Verification. You will need to submit a new request and pay an additional letter request fee if you need to change your contact details after a letter has already been issued to you.
- Visit the web page for the type of letter that you wish to request (see links above) and review all of the eligibility criteria and other information about that particular type of letter.
- If you still have questions after reviewing our letter web pages, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your request.
- Complete the International Letter Request form [PDF], save to your computer and then submit it as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Pay the non-refundable $20 letter request fee (see below for more details).
Paying the letter request fee
Once your letter request is received, a non-refundable $20 letter request fee will be charged to your BCIT student account. Failing to pay in a timely manner may cause a delay in issuing your letter.
See Payment Options at BCIT for instructions on how to pay your fees. Please use the BCIT – Tuition Payments as a PAYEE option when using online banking to pay for your letter. Your nine (9) digit student ID (A########) is your account number. If the student ID is not present, the funds will be returned to your financial institution.
If you need to transfer funds from outside of Canada, you may use FlyWire (choose the tuition payment option).
Note that paying the letter request fee does NOT necessarily guarantee that you will be issued a letter. You must also meet all of the eligibility requirements for the type of letter you are requesting. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your letter request.
The letter request fee is 100% not refundable.
How to access your letter & when it will be issued
International Letters of Verification are issued electronically. To access your letter, log in to myBCIT and click Student Self Service and then myCommunication. We do not issue paper copies.
The timeline for when you will receive your letter depends on the type of letter you request.
Letters of verification from BCIT Student Records
Any student can access free letters of verification provided by Student Records that are completely different from the International Letters of Verification described above. Be aware that verification letters from BCIT Student Records are NOT suitable for IRCC applications. However, they may be used for other purposes such as demonstrating that you are enrolled in courses in order to qualify for promotions that are only available to students such as no-fee student bank accounts, student phone plans, student ski passes, etc.