International Confirmation of Graduation (ICOG) Letters are designed to support post-graduation work permit (PGWP) applications, and include the following information:
- Your graduated program(s)
- Your program start and completion date
- Program length determined by credential and credit value
- Be an international student who has successfully completed all of the components related to a credential program
- Students completing Business Fundamentals, Bachelor of Business Administration, a Part-time Studies program, or modified Full-time program must also submit an Application for BCIT Credential Form [PDF] – students completing Full-time programs along with their cohort do NOT need to submit this form
ICOG processing time
The time that it takes to process and issue an ICOG Letter depends on when a student’s graduation has been officially confirmed and awarded by BCIT Student Records.
If your credential has already been awarded by the time that you submit the request, your letter will be issued within 5 business days. Note that submissions made after 4 pm Pacific Time will not be considered received until the following business day.
Otherwise, your letter will be issued within 5 business days of your credential being awarded.
Once all of your marks have been posted on myBCIT, the estimated processing time for your credential to be awarded are as follows:
- Full-time program on schedule with your cohort: 4 weeks
- Part-time Studies or modified Full-time program: 6–8 weeks once you have submitted an Application for BCIT Credential Form [PDF] to Student Records
How to check if your credential has been awarded
To see if your credential has been awarded or not, check your unofficial transcripts by logging in to your myBCIT account and clicking Student Self Service > Transcript – unofficial and request official > View unofficial transcript and then looking in the “Credential Information” section.