Welcome to BCIT!
Kick Start is BCIT’s welcome to all new students. Once you’re a registered student, Kick Start is here to help you prepare and find your way, then connect and settle in as part of the BCIT community.
New student to-do list
Ensure you have a successful first day, week, and month! Start now by visiting BCIT’s “Next Steps for New Students” and complete the pre-arrival to-do list before your classes begin.
Student Success Hub
At BCIT, we want to make sure you have the opportunity to succeed, both personally and academically, and we don’t expect you to do it alone. BCIT has resources and services in place to help you thrive. The Student Success Hub is a central resource available to help all BCIT students navigate through the free and confidential supports available.
It’s important to know where to go and when to be there. Leading up to your first day, be sure to review your myBCIT schedule carefully and regularly.
Flexible Learning students
Visit the Flexible Learning (formerly Part-time Studies) orientation page for important information and support!
Visit International Student Services for important information, resources, and events!
Find your way
We recommend planning your route, visiting campus and logging into BCIT’s Wi-Fi sometime during the three weeks leading up to your program orientation or first class.
- Aerospace Campus map
- Annacis Island Campus map
- Burnaby Campus map
- Downtown Campus map
- Marine Campus map
Visit Campus Parking to learn about lot locations, rates, and more.
Visit Food Services for dinning location maps, hours and more.
While Kick Start serves as a general welcome for all BCIT students, some specific programs have a more customized orientation. Discover whether your program has an orientation by reviewing your myBCIT schedule or acceptance letter.
Logging in to your myBCIT email and reviewing your account regularly is essential. It’s important that you keep up to date with possible changes or urgent messages.
Don’t miss out on opportunities to connect with your peers and take part in the BCIT community.
- Download myBCIT app for events updates, get answers to the questions that you may have, and connect with the BCIT community.
- Follow BCIT Student Life Office Instagram not only for Kick Start but also for student events, free services, free resources, important student information, and more!
- Follow BCIT Instagram for institute’s news and updates.
- Follow BCIT’s Student Association on Instagram for events, opportunities, and community stories.
- Join Intramurals teams or sign up for a fitness class!
- Join BCITSA Clubs to find like-minded communities, enhance soft skills, and earn valuable experience.
- Connect with your Student Life Ambassadors! These student employees are here to help you connect with services, resources, and your peers. Keep an eye out for their events and engagements.
- Connect with indigenous student through Indigenous Initiatives and Peer Champions!
- Connect with international students through International Student Centre and Peer Mentors!