Welcome to 1-on-1 English Help. Get help with your English pronunciation, grammar, writing, presentations, and more. To book a 15-minute session with an instructor, click the button below, then login with your BCIT username and password. Available until December 15, 2023.Book now
Who can use this service?
Anyone currently enrolled as a BCIT student can book a session.
Who helps you?
A Language Advisor will guide your 15 min. session. All Language Advisors are BCIT Communications Faculty Instructors with English as an Additional Language (EAL) training. Language Advisors know the English expectations in BCIT programs.
What help can you get?
Language Advisors will listen, assess, and guide you to your next level as a communicator.
- offer advice, give feedback, and suggest resources.
- provide English language support.
- help you practise pronunciation and presentations.
- review course materials.
- brainstorm options for topic or content ideas.
- work together with you to identify and revise grammar and writing.
These sessions are only for course-related writing and not for commenting on grades.
Got questions? Email LST@bcit.ca.