Join the Instructional Team
Interested in exploring teaching?
BCIT offers education for a complex world. Embrace the complex world and help prepare the next generation of technology leaders to explore the opportunities within it. At BCIT Computing you will use your experience, your training, your passion for technology, and your passion for teaching and mentoring to help our students learn to turn big challenges into new solutions.
- Full time computing faculty needed at the Downtown Campus. IT Administration, DevOps, Data Analytics, UX development, and/or Business Systems Analysis experience preferred.
- Full time computing faculty needed at the Burnaby Campus. Teach software development (in C++, C, and Java), mobile development in Android, computer architecture, web development, software project management. Masters degree required.
- Do you have CISCO routing & switching skills at CCNA level? Learn more about current opportunities.
Many kinds of opportunities
- Full time during the day - learn more about what brought one of our faculty members to teaching
- Part time during the day, as little as one class per week
- Part time evenings and/or weekends - here's what some of our Part-time Studies instructors have to say
- Support a student project team or give a guest lecture
- Train the trainer by hosting a BCIT instructor at your site - here's how one instructor recently shadowed industry experts at Cloudreach
BCIT offers full time faculty
- Generous total compensation package which includes extended health, dental benefits, and an excellent defined pension plan
- Professional development: access to funding, leaves, secondments, exchanges, and other opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses and opportunities to apply for fully funded Master’s or PhD programs
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs, subsidized fitness facilities, a collegial environment
Current daytime teaching areas (full and part time)
- Network Administration and Security Professional (NASP) instructor, Downtown Campus
- Computer Information Technology (CIT) faculty, Downtown Campus
- Computer Systems Technology (CST) faculty, Burnaby and Downtown Campus
Part time opportunities (generally evenings and weekends)
- Mobile Device Forensics
- Computing Part-time Studies is looking for current IT industry experts who would like to teach at night and on the weekends. We have expanded in several areas including big data, business intelligence and analytics. There are also openings in MS SQL Server, software, web and systems development. If you're a subject matter expert with a minimum of a bachelor's degree, are currently working in industry, and you'd like to explore teaching part time, please send us your resume and a cover letter describing what you're interested in teaching.