By design, BCIT’s Food Technology program serves as a catalyst to improve the BC food industry. Access to our expertise and physical assets enables companies, entrepreneurs, and consultants working within the industry to:
- Engage in product development;
- Explore and adopt advanced process technologies;
- Optimize their market position through continuous learning and innovation.
Making use of BCIT Food Technology Industry Services & Training is a positive action to meet your needs. We invite you to take advantage of the wide range of services we can provide.
In their final term, students graduating from the Food Technology program spend one day per week working on an industry project. Past projects have included product development, wastewater analysis, HACCP development, shelf-life studies, and nutritional analysis.
Access to laboratory & pilot plant equipment
- Have your own technical staff carry out experiments;
- Contact Faculty Instructor, Rebecca Robertson, for more information on rental rates and available equipment
We deliver a wide range of well-known BCIT training programs to educate and upgrade your staff on all aspects of food safety and production. These are available on-site, off-site, online, and correspondence. Accreditation and certification programs are available.
Part-time studies courses
For information on Food Processing Part-time studies courses, please contact Food Technology at BCIT_FoodTechnology@bcit.ca.