- The instructor will make initial contact with the preceptor by phone, email and/or visit and maintain regular and as needed contact throughout the preceptorship via phone/email between visits.
- The instructor will meet with the learner and the preceptor together during the course.
- For learners who request and are placed outside the lower mainland, phone calls and virtual visits will be used to maintain contact and to monitor student progress.
Prior to instructor midterm & final visits
- The learner, preceptor and instructor will negotiate a suitable date and time for the visit.
- The learner and preceptor will collaborate to complete the midterm/final clinical evaluation form.
- The instructor will meet with the learner and the preceptor to discuss areas of strength, areas for continued development, and the learner’s progress towards meeting the course outcomes.
- The instructor will add comments to the clinical evaluation form.
- The clinical evaluation form will be reviewed during the final visit by the instructor.
- The instructor assigns the final course grade.