The School of Health Sciences recognizes the challenges some students experience in balancing their work obligations with their studies. Many of our distance programs allow students to choose their exam sessions from the various session dates that are pre-scheduled with the BCIT Test Centre. This provides students with schedule options while meeting the testing requirements of each program, and works for the vast majority of our distance students.
Unable to attend a scheduled exam session?
If you are living in the Lower Mainland and find that the exam session options pre-scheduled for your course(s) unavoidably conflict with your work obligations, please contact your program area as soon as possible to discuss your options. You can find your program assistant on the Contacts page of your Distance Education Student Handbook [PDF].
You may be given permission to use the BCIT Test Centre as a proctor to supervise your exam at a time and date other than what has been pre-scheduled. An invigilation fee is required.
If you have received permission to write your exam outside the pre-scheduled dates at the Test Centre, you can request a session via the Test Centre’s Exam Session Request .
- You must schedule to write your exam within the time period specified in your course syllabus or by your program area.
- When completing the exam session request information:
- Your “Home Institution” refers to BCIT.
- Your “Home Institution Student Number” is your BCIT A0#.
- The “Home Institution Exam Contact” is your program assistant.
- You will receive a further email confirming your requested session date. Attached to this email is a two-page pdf document. The first page is your invoice for the Test Centre invigilation fee. Please print. You must pay the amount shown and have the form stamped by the BCIT cashier prior to your exam session. You must retain the invoice as proof of payment when requested by Test Centre staff. This fee is not refundable.
- It is your responsibility to inform your program assistant of your exam session arrangement. Please forward your Test Centre confirmation email to your program assistant. This will confirm to them the exam session date you have requested, allows them to verify that the exam will be written in accordance with the course syllabus, and will prompt them to send your exam form or online exam login information to the Test Centre prior to your session.