The BCIT Safety, Security and Emergency Management web site is designed to provide information about the services we provide to the BCIT community.
Our Occupational Health and Safety, Security, Emergency Management and Business Continuity programs are provided to develop a partnership promoting a safe and secure environment. We are committed to being responsive to our community in the delivery of quality service.
- Investigation of unsafe acts and conditions
- First Aid
- Coordination of Accident Investigations
- WHMIS / Chemical Safety / Waste
- Investigation of air-quality concerns
- Hearing conservation
- Staff Health and Safety training
- Fire safety
- Assisting departments with safe work procedures development
- Acting as a resource for Health and Safety concerns
- Emergency Preparedness
- Business continuity
- Investigation of security related events
- Management of Security Systems
- 911 response
- Prevention of violence in the workplace
- Patrol Services
- Student bike patrol
- Parking Services
- International travel
- Safety and Security Risk Management Tools
Safety, Security and Emergency Management newsletters
SSEM newsletters are created and distributed once every term and contain first aid statistics and SSEM related interest articles.
Printed copies of the SSEM Newsletter are available at the Safety, Security and Emergency Management office at the North end of SW01.