English Training and Support
The level of English language proficiency required to be accepted at BCIT depends on the program you choose. The English level is specified on each program webpage.
BCIT offers two programs to improve your English:
Option #1: International Student Entry Program (ISEP)
- ISEP provides English instruction in all four language skills:
- Reading, writing, speaking and listening
- ISEP is designed for:
- International students who are unable to meet the BCIT English entrance requirements in their program of choice
- Students who require English language upgrading in all four language skill areas (speaking, listening, reading, & writing)
- ISEP is structured to:
- Provide 25 hours per week of language instruction to students
- Satisfy international student visa requirements by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Option #2: Professional English Language Development (PELD)
- PELD provides English instruction focused in two key language skills:
- PELD is designed for:
- Landed immigrants who are unable to meet the BCIT English entrance requirements in their program of choice
- International students who have completed their high school education in an English-speaking country but require English language upgrading with a focus on writing.
- PELD is structured to:
- Allow students to choose part-time classes to fit their scheduling needs