The BCIT Advanced Diploma in Business Management is designed to equip students with fundamental business knowledge to complement expertise and education in other disciplines. This program will introduce students to foundational business functions including: accounting, economics, marketing, human resource management, and operations. Graduates are prepared to lead and contribute to a broad range of core business areas, as well as leverage prior knowledge and expertise to launch into entrepreneurial pursuits. The breadth of course topics, applied nature of our programming, and the focus on teamwork prepares graduates to thrive in today’s global business environment.
About the program
- One-year Advanced Diploma program
- Explore foundations of business through intense exploration and practice in cohort-based classes with a maximum of 25 students/lab
- Practice personal and team leadership, time and project management
- Develop critical thinking to support informed decision making, resolve conflicts, reveal opportunities, and overcome challenges
- Leverage diverse experience and network of faculty and classmates to put newly acquired knowledge to work
Learn more about how this program prepares you for success in the Program Details
Who should apply for the Business Management Advanced Diploma?
- You are a graduate of a diploma or degree program
- You are keen to leverage your education and work experience to advance your career opportunities in leadership, management, or to become an entrepreneur
- You are seeking advanced placement based on service in the Canadian Forces (regular or reservist) or as a First Responder (fire fighter, paramedic or police)
- You are a mature student with a diverse education and work history seeking to combine your knowledge and expertise to pursue career advancement in management and leadership opportunities
- You have a Certificate of Qualification or an Interprovincial Red Seal
If any of this sounds like you, apply today at the Program Entry
What grads can do
Graduates of the Business Management Advanced Diploma understand the what, why, and how of informed and strategic decision-making. As managers, leaders, and entrepreneurs, our graduates thrive in fast-paced, team oriented, and complex business environments.
Check out the Graduating and Jobs
page to see where grads are making a difference in local and global labour markets.
Graduates are also eligible to pursue the BCIT Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)