- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Computers and information technology are the foundation of business today and an essential tool for managers. This course provides an understanding of computer terminology, operating systems, and the most popular office software used in business by managers. The course will discuss business technology issues and challenges that affect management decisions in the business environment. Students will become proficient on Microsoft Office applications; specifically in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point. Students work individually on projects in lab settings and complete a number of individual projects and quizzes / exams.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Open, save, create, move, copy, delete, and rename files in a Windows environment
- Define target audiences for a PowerPoint presentation and select designs, themes, and content appropriate to those audiences.
- Apply transitions, animation, and sounds to a PowerPoint presentation.
- Create, edit, arrange, and print presentations, documents and spreadsheets.
- Create and import graphics into presentations, documents and spreadsheets; including picture files, SmartArt and WordArt.
- Create documents and presentations with tables, images, hyperlinks, and watermarks.
- Describe default settings for graphics in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Apply the order of mathematical operations in MS Excel.
- Manage worksheets by inserting, hiding, deleting, and adjusting rows and columns.
- Apply functions such as the sum, average, count, max, min, and round using Excel.
- Create and modify charts in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Integrate elements of the internet, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint across all three applications.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
Business Information Systems for Managers (BSYS 3800) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Business Management - Advanced Diploma
Advanced Diploma Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Business Information Systems for Managers (BSYS 3800)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.