The BCIT Advanced Diploma in Business Management is designed to equip students with fundamental business knowledge to complement expertise and education in other disciplines. This program will introduce students to foundational business functions including: accounting, economics, marketing, human resource management, and operations. Graduates are prepared to lead and contribute to a broad range of core business areas, as well as leverage prior knowledge and expertise to launch into entrepreneurial pursuits. The breadth of course topics, applied nature of our programming, and the focus on teamwork prepares graduates to thrive in today’s global business environment.
About the program
- Explore foundations of business through intense exploration and practice in cohort-based classes with a maximum of 25 students/lab
- Practice personal and team leadership, time and project management
- Develop critical thinking to support informed decision making, resolve conflicts, reveal opportunities, and overcome challenges
- Leverage diverse experience and network of faculty and classmates to put newly acquired knowledge to work
Learn more about how this program prepares you for success in the Program Details.
Who should apply for the Business Management Advanced Diploma?
- You are a graduate of a diploma or degree program
- You are keen to leverage your education and work experience to advance your career opportunities in leadership, management, or to become an entrepreneur
- You are seeking advanced placement based on service in the Canadian Forces (regular or reservist) or as a First Responder (fire fighter, paramedic or police)
- You are a mature student with a diverse education and work history seeking to combine your knowledge and expertise to pursue career advancement in management and leadership opportunities
- You have a Certificate of Qualification or an Interprovincial Red Seal
If any of this sounds like you, apply today at the Entrance Requirements page!
What grads can do
Graduates of the Business Management Advanced Diploma understand the what, why, and how of informed and strategic decision-making. As managers, leaders, and entrepreneurs, our graduates thrive in fast-paced, team oriented, and complex business environments.
Check out the Graduating and Jobs page to see where grads are making a difference in local and global labour markets.
Graduates are also eligible to pursue the BCIT Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program.
Bring Your Own Device
Students are required to have their own laptop. Please refer to the Bring Your Own Device Specifications [PDF] for requirements.
Laptop costs vary depending on the configuration chosen, but will likely range from approximately $1,000 to $2,000.
Books and supplies
Approximately $1,500 for the program duration.
Important Updates to Part-time Studies
This program introduces you to essential business subjects like business law, management policy, marketing management, accounting, and more. By combining lectures with case studies and group discussions, you’ll get the hands-on, immersive training you need to be prepared to succeed in the BCIT Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program.
By offering the key, basic skills in business, this program helps students of non-business backgrounds gain the knowledge they need to succeed in further business studies and careers.
This program is specifically designed to give you the essential skills for careers and further study in business, even if your diploma, degree, or other training is in a different field.
Some job opportunities for graduates include:
- SAS Consultant
- Account Manager
- Case Manager
- Purchasing Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Sales Manager
- Financial Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Department Manager
- Team Leader
- General Manager
Additionally, as a graduate of the program, you’ll have the opportunity to continue to improve your skills, earning potential, and available jobs by pursuing your bachelor degree. You might choose to continue with your studies full-time to earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in only about a year. Or, you might choose to begin working while taking advantage of the flexible schedule to earn your bachelor degree part-time in 2 to 3 years.
Eduardo Sanchez Martinez
Program Planning Analyst
604-456-8018 | email@example.com
Contact a Part-time Studies Program Advisor with the BCIT program name in the subject line if you have a question about:
- Course selection and program planning
- Declaring your program
- Making changes to your approved program plan
- Applying for transfer credit and advanced placement
- Laddering options
- Job placement and graduate outcomes
- Student life
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.