- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Building on the techniques learned in COMM 1111, students will apply their business writing skills to longer documents and develop strategies for persuasion. The course covers career communications, short reports, persuasive writing and speaking (suggestions, requests, proposals), team work, and the use of web-based tools for collaboration. The first class will include a language assessment to enable students who need extra support to get it.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Write an effective letter of application and resume
- Demonstrate effective behaviour in a job interview
- Apply strategies for persuasive writing
- Write short reports and an informal proposal
- Demonstrate effective team behaviours to work collaboratively
- Use web-based collaboration tools to work as a team
- Prepare and deliver a persuasive oral presentation as part of a team
Effective as of Winter 2021
Managerial Communication (COMM 3111) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Business Management - Advanced Diploma
Advanced Diploma Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Managerial Communication (COMM 3111)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.