- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The academic aim of this course is to equip you with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to interpret and develop marketing strategies in current and future business environments that create and capture value. The course also aims to provide you with a foundation of how to internationalise business and to apply it to any type of organization or service. Lectures are designed to build upon the basic foundations of marketing, so that students can use marketing principles in strategic planning. You will learn to apply marketing research techniques, evaluate trends in the competitive landscape, apply market segmentation and target market selection. Application of the controllable elements of price, distribution, the product life cycle and marketing communications, are part of the course delivery. Labs are geared toward solving company marketing problems in case study formats, with a view to finding solutions by applying the strategic planning process. You will work both in teams for the case studies and individually for your own capstone project. Completion of all individual assignments and team work is expected, to pass this course.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 4010 for the Winter 2024 term.
Tue Jan 09 - Tue Apr 09 (14 weeks)
- 14 weeks
- CRN 84377
- Domestic fees $653.94International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 09 - Apr 09
|18:00 - 21:15
|Burnaby SW03 Rm. 2765
- Departmental approval needed
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is restricted to students currently enrolled in the Advanced Diploma in Business Management. Students accepted into the program starting fall 2021 or later were automatically granted approval to register. Students accepted before fall 2021 can email email@example.com with their name and ID for registration approval.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Critically evaluate and analyse the principles of marketing.
- Identify distinctive features of both consumer and business markets. Apply target market segmentation strategies that will achieve success in these markets.
- Discuss the components of a marketing plan and the importance of a strategic orientation for marketing.
- Apply a SWOT analysis to current marketing examples.
- Assess how the non-controllable elements of the marketing environment impact the marketing plan.
- Analyse the competitive environment in marketing situations with a view to decision making.
- Critically assess the key factors affecting business performance in international markets.
- Critically appraise the impact of emerging issues on international marketing activities.
- Evaluate an organization’s ability to respond to global external forces, in order to make decisions about marketing strategies.
- Create a strategic marketing plan, using the marketing research gathered, for chosen business.
Effective as of Fall 2014
Marketing Management Strategic Planning (MKTG 4010) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Business Management - Advanced Diploma
Advanced Diploma Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Marketing Management Strategic Planning (MKTG 4010)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.