Library computer facilities include the ehPod, Learning Lab, Research Network, printing, laptops for loan, and wireless access.
ehPod hours & location
The ehPod is the computer lab and study rooms on the Lower Level of the Burnaby Campus Library, SE14.
It is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year round.
Assistance is available at the Service Desk on the Main Level of SE14 during regular Library hours.
All registered students at BCIT have access to the ehPod. To access the ehPod from the South side exterior door you will need to swipe your BCIT Student ID card. The South side door can now be used 24/7 and it is the only available ehPod entrance after the library has closed.
Computers & software
To login you will need your BCIT Student ID number.
The ehPod has 43 workstations with the following software programs :
- 7-Zip 18.05 (x64)
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- Adobe AIR
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe Flash Player 29 NPAPI
- Adobe Illustrator CC 2018
- Adobe InDesign CC 2018
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2018
- Adobe Shockwave Player 12.3
- Apple Application Support (32-bit)
- Apple Application Support (64-bit)
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2019 – English
- Autodesk License Service (x64) – 7.1.4
- Autodesk Material Library 2019
- Autodesk Material Library Base Resolution Image Library 2019
- Citrix Receiver 4.12
- Dell Precision Optimizer
- FileZilla Client 3.32.0
- Google Chrome
- Java 8 Update 171
- Mathcad 15 M045
- MATLAB R2018a*
- Microsoft .NET Core SDK 2.1.402 (x64)*
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Project Professional 2016
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server vNext CTP1.6*
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable*
- Microsoft Visual Studio Installer*
- Mozilla Firefox 60.0 ESR (x64 en-US)
- Mozilla Maintenance Service
- NetSupport School
- Notepad++ (64-bit x64)
- Onelog Client
- QBFC 10.0
- Read And Write 11
- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
- System Center Endpoint Protection
- Visual Studio Community 2017*
- VLC media player
- VMware Workstation
- Wargaming.net Game Center*
- Windows Firewall Configuration Provider
- Windows Mobile Connectivity Tools 10.0.15254.0 – Desktop x86*
- Windows SDK AddOn*
- Windows Software Development Kit – Windows 10.0.17134.12*
*Installed on one computer only
Please see the labs information page for the latest software availability.
The Learning Lab is located in Room 301 on the 3rd floor of the Burnaby Campus Library. It is reserved for instruction during scheduled research skills classes and occasionally for Learning Commons activities. It will not be open to students during those times.
Reserved times will be posted outside the room. At all other times, the 36 workstations in the lab are available to students. Computers are equipped with the same software as those in the ehPod. To login, you will need your myBCIT email account.
The Research network is located on the Main Level of the Burnaby Campus Library, near the Help Desk. Twenty-four workstations are available primarily for research and access to electronic resources. Software installed includes Microsoft Office. To login, you will need your myBCIT email account
To print, you need to add funds to your BCIT Student ID Card using the cash card manager at any of these Burnaby Campus locations:
- SE14, in the Library foyer near the Service Desk.
- SE2, in the Copy Centre in the Great Hall.
- NE1, at the cafeteria entrance.
Print jobs can be accessed from any print station on campus, in NE1, SE6, SE12, SW3, or SW9.
Cost per page:
|8.5 x 11 b&w||$0.10||$0.08|
|8.5 x 14 b&w||$0.10||$0.08|
|11 x 17 b&w||$0.10||$0.08|
|8.5 x 11 colour||$0.75||$1.50|
Laptops for loan
Laptops are available at the Service Desk on a first-come-first-served basis, for a loan period of three hours. Wired network connections are available in the ehPod, Learning Commons and in selected study areas. Wireless access is available throughout the Library.
A late charge of $10.00 per hour or part of an hour will be imposed if the laptop is returned more than 15 minutes late. If a laptop is overdue more than 24 hours, or are returned damaged or with components missing, borrowers will be billed the replacement cost plus accumulated fines and charges.
Wireless access to the BCIT network is available throughout the Library.