BCIT Library offers research skills training for students at the request of the course instructor. A two-hour hands on sessions may cover:
- essentials of searching Library and Internet resources
- use of First Search and other tools to find articles, e-books and other materials
- how to evaluate information sources
- copyright basics and plagiarism
- subject specific resources
Shorter 50 minute introductory sessions may also be arranged. Sessions can be customized based on the needs of the students.
At the Burnaby Campus, these classes are conducted in the Learning Lab (SE14–301). Instructional sessions are also available at Marine and Aerospace Technology Libraries.
To arrange for training sessions, instructors should contact the Librarian for their program.