BCIT faculty, staff and students must ensure that their copying complies with the Copyright Modernization Act (which updates the Copyright Act)
or is within the limits of any existing BCIT license agreements.
BCIT copyright license agreements include:
- the expanded Access Copyright License which covers print and digital copying within specified limits
- BCIT Library Licenses (pertaining to material from databases like Ebscohost and Proquest)
- reproduction agreements with individual publishers/creators.
If the work is not covered by a copyright license agreement you may wish to:
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain copyright clearance (note the rightsholder may charge a fee)
- obtain copyright permission yourself - we have a copyright permission request template for your convenience
- get in touch with your subject librarian for assistance in finding a substitute work that is covered by a license
If distributing material through Desire2Learn please contact the LTC to ensure the method of distribution meets the license requirements.
- Access Copyright Guidelines [PDF]
- BCIT Copyright Compliance Policy 7506 [PDF]
- Copyright Clearance Flowchart [PDF]
- Copyright Fair Dealing Guidelines [PDF]
If you have any questions about copyright compliance at BCIT or the Access Copyright license, please email email@example.com; there is no need to contact Access Copyright directly.