New & returning BCIT students
Important information for all new and returning BCIT students that are U-Pass Eligible:
- All first year full-time students are required to obtain their BCIT Student ID before the start of class by either submitting your picture online or by coming in person to the card desk located in the Library.
- All returning full-time students that are U-Pass eligible are requested to check the expiry date on their card to make sure it will not expire before September. If you have lost your card please visit BCIT Safety, Security and Emergency Management for a replacement card (SW1-1000).
The BCIT ID card is an identification card for current students and staff members.
It allows you to access many services at BCIT, including:
- the Library
- U-Pass / Compass Card
- AudioVisual services (student equipment bookings)
- Recreation and Athletics in the Student Activity Centre
Student ID cards
- All current students are eligible for an ID card.
- A current student is a person who has registered and paid their fees for a course or program in the current term.
- For more information follow the link to get one.
- To submit your picture online follow the link to get one online.
Distance education students
- Distance Education and On-Line Learners can now get a BCIT Student ID Card online.
Staff ID cards
- Staff members can get a card at the Security office in building SW1, room 1000.
- The Alumni Card has been replaced by the BCIT Alumni Perks app. The app is free to download and gives you access to great benefits. Learn more about Alumni Perks.