Skip to main content


Notice to students

TransLink’s U-Pass BC account is now available

Updated: April 16, 2021

TransLink’s U-Pass BC website is now available for eligible students needing to link their Compass card and/or load their U-Pass BC.

What is U-Pass BC?

U-Pass BC is a student transit program offered in partnership by the BCIT Student Association, Translink, the Province of British Columbia and BCIT. U-Pass BC enables eligible students to receive a three-zone pass valid for all TransLink Bus, SkyTrain and SeaBus services throughout Metro Vancouver. It also provides discounts on West Coast Express fares.

Proof of BCIT registration

If you do not have a BCIT Student ID Card, please ensure you carry proof of current BCIT registration with you when using transit. Proof may be a printout or screenshot from your myBCIT account with your current BCIT registration, clearly showing your name, ID number, and registration dates. Be sure to also carry a piece of photo ID with you.

Reinstatement of the U-Pass BC program

Effective Sept 2020, the suspension of the U-Pass BC program has ended. Students in eligible programs will be able to access their U-Pass BC whether they are now 100% online or in blended program delivery.

For more details:


In response to the successful Student Association’s 2019 Student Referendum, BCIT will continue to administer the U-Pass BC program. The fees for the U-Pass BC program are automatically added to your student fees. Below is the pricing from January 2020 to April 2025:

  • $41.00 per month from January 1, 2020 – April 30, 2020
  • $42.50 per month from May 1, 2020 – April 30, 2021
  • $43.35 per month from May 1, 2021 – April 30 2022
  • $44.20 per month from May 1, 2022 – April 30, 2023
  • $45.10 per month from May 1, 2023 – April 30, 2024
  • $46.00 per month from May 1, 2024 – April 30, 2025


Students who are residing outside of Translink’s service area and who are enrolled in an eligible program listed on the Program Delivery page as 100% online delivery may request a refund. Refund requests from students living outside of the service area must be made directly to the Student Association.

Request a refund

There are also a limited number of other circumstances where students may request an exemption. Please review the eligibility & exemption information for further details and instructions.

Find out more about U-Pass BC: