You may live in this world, but how do you interact and contribute to its prosperity?
In this course you will explore the human, cultural, societal, and digital issues related to Global Citizenship with a particular focus on Digital Citizenship and ethical behaviour, participants will be able to define their own meaning for Global Citizenship and start building a personal plan for contributing to a better world.
Lynda Shepherd, Administration Manager, L&L Designs
This is a scary world for the unknowing, like I was. This course helped me understand the landscape and the risks and to develop strategies for self-protection as I think about the small role I can play to improve the world for us all.
Course number: MOOC-2010
Course title: Digital Literacy & Citizenship
Time commitment: This course can be completed in 12 hours.
Completion criteria: Self-assessments
Registration fee: None
- Those wanting to explore the idea of Global Citizenship for general interest purposes, or to start the journey to becoming an active agent for change in our struggling world.
- Everyone who uses, or wants to use digital devices to communicate and to access information.
Online self-guided: following the Online Instructions
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of Global Citizenship.
- Develop a vision for your contributions as a Global Citizen.
- Identify when your own or someone else’s online behaviour is inappropriate and what steps you can take.
- Recognize the variety of cultural and ethical perspectives around the use of information technology and social media.
- Statement of Completion
- Digital Badge
- If you are new to BCIT, you will be required to create a BCIT account before registering for your course.
- Once you receive your BCIT ID (A0…) login and register for your course.
Note: If you are creating an account for the first time, it may take up to 24 hours before you are able to log in to BCIT to access your course.
- Access your online course at learn.bcit.ca.
- Login with your BCIT my.bcit.ca email address and password.
- Scroll down to your My Courses listing and click on the course link.