Future Zero Emission Vehicle Development
This course builds on the basics of electric vehicle knowledge and presents some developing technologies related to the EV rollout. The course is assembled by a collaborative team from BCIT’s Applied Research, School of Transportation and industry partners, and including survey data from BCIT’s nationwide survey around barriers to EV adoption. The goal is to highlight areas of public interest and concern about where the EV industry is heading. We explore some of the emerging battery technologies, faster charging technologies, autonomous charging and feasibility of prototypes making it to production. We recognize the viability of hydrogen vehicles and their role in reducing greenhouse gases while highlighting the need to understand the overall hydrogen strategy from fuel creation to emissions generated at each step of the hydrogen economy.
Course number: MOOC-0393
Course title: Future Zero Emission Vehicle Development
Completion criteria: 70% or above from self-assessment activities
Completion award: Digital Badge and printable Statement of Completion
Registration fee: None
Anyone wanting to know about developments on the horizon relating to zero-emission vehicles and related technologies.
This is a self-study online course with no instructional support.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe emerging faster charger technology.
- Identify future battery development.
- Discuss autonomous charging.
- Recognize hydrogen energy development.
This course will take you between 10 – 12 hours to complete.
- Statement of Completion
- Digital Badge
- If you are new to BCIT, you will be required to create a BCIT account before registering for your course.
- Once you receive your BCIT ID (A0…) log in and register for your course.
Note: If you are creating an account for the first time, it may take up to 24 hours before you are able to log in to BCIT to access your course.
- Access your online course at learn.bcit.ca.
- Login with your BCIT my.bcit.ca email address and password.
- Scroll down to your My Courses listing and click on the course link.