Fall 2021 delivery mode: blended
- This program will be delivered for the fall semester as a combination of online and on-campus learning. While some of your coursework will take place online, there will also be in-person sessions.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
- You will need access to a personal computer with video and microphone for the online portion of your program.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
Effective September 1, 2017, the tuition portion of The Technology Entry Program is free for Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents. Please note: ancillary fees such as Student Association fees, BCIT ID card fees, etc. will be charged and must be paid
The Technology Entry (TE) program is for individuals who want solid academic preparation before entering a BCIT Technology program. It is appropriate for individuals who need to improve their skills in core areas such as communication, mathematics, chemistry, and physics in order to meet program prerequisites. An introductory course in computer applications, a learning skills seminar and an overview of technology options and related careers round out the traditional academic subjects.
It is also suitable for those who need B.C. educational equivalents to supplement credentials earned in other school systems.
The TE program is a 15-week, full-time day school program that offers a broad introduction to post-secondary education in a focused and welcoming atmosphere. Some programs have prerequisite requirements not offered by the TE program, such as biology courses. Please check the BCIT website for individual program prerequisites, entrance requirements, and timelines.
Technology Entry students talk about why they chose the program.
Costs & Supplies
Statement of Completion
Upon completion of the TE courses, students may request a Statement of Completion from the program head.
Technology Entry students attend lectures and labs in traditional classrooms, laboratory and computer-intensive environments. Emphasis is placed on both academic concept development and hands-on, lab-based activities. Students work individually, with partners and in teams.
Tech Day: This event enables students to experience classes and network in their follow-up technology program. In a small group setting they meet with various program representatives and get critical questions related to short and long term expectations answered. Information obtained is used to complete assignments in TE courses. The knowledge gained on Tech Day serves to reinforce program choice and is a learning opportunity/reality check for all who participate.
Students always say the best part of the day is meeting with their prospective program head, attending classes with expert faculty and/or talking with their currently enrolled peers.
Examples of programs students apply to include:
- Architectural & Building Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Environmental Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Systems Technology
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology
- Food Technology
- Industrial Network Cybersecurity
- Mining and Mineral Exploration Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics & Robotics
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Occupational Health and Safety
Note: Students upgrading in January term may be too late for fall entry in some programs, and may only be able to secure waitlist spots even if qualified.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.