As you start your BCIT journey and begin to consider what’s next, you might have some questions. The resources below may be useful to both current and prospective students.
Program Advisors are a great resource if you have questions about BCIT certificates, diplomas, entry requirements, and any other program related information.
You can also attend Big Info, an institute-wide information event that takes place twice a year at the Burnaby Campus, or check out a program-specific Information Session to learn more about the program(s) you’re interested in and get your questions answered by faculty and staff.
See what it’s like
Take a guided Campus Tour with a Student Ambassador to see BCIT in-person. Tours are offered throughout the year from September until June.
For a more focused introduction, Spend-a-Day at BCIT with a current student in your program of interest.
Funding for BCIT students
- For information on loans, grants, bursaries, and other financial supports, connect with BCIT Student Financial Aid & Awards
- For information regarding funding options for students with disabilities, check out StudentAid BC‘sgrants, scholarships, and other financial supports options
- If you are a student who is going to be sponsored by an Agency, learn about BCIT’s Sponsorship process
Funding & Withdrawals
If you are receiving student funding and are planning to withdraw from a course, please note that changes to your course load may affect your eligibility for student funding. Please contact Student Financial Aid & Awards to discuss your ongoing eligibility.
If you are a BCIT student registered with Accessibility Services and you’re withdrawing from a program or a course due to a medical reason, book an appointment with Accessibility Services to ensure the withdrawal is properly documented.
If you are a person with a disability and looking for career planning guidance, job search assistance, and funding, consider the following programs:
- Work BC: Work BC Centres
- Neil Squire Society
- West Coast Group
- Open Door Group
- Gastown Vocational Services
BCIT students can also access the following resources to assist in their career exploration:
- Visit BCIT Counselling and Student Development if you are uncertain about your career and are need some assistance with identifying your interests, values, and personal style in order to make better informed career and lifestyle decisions
- Check out eJOBS, a job posting portal for BCIT students and alumni
- Register for free with BCIT Career Edge and receive access to topics including resume and cover letter writing, job search tips, interview prep, career coaching, workshops, and more
As a BCIT student, there are many resources available to help you succeed in your studies. Pick up some study skills and get some help with your courses by accessing free Peer Tutoring, writing support, and success seminars through the Learning Commons, or check out the Library’s online Study Skills Guide. If you are enrolled in a Trades or Apprenticeship program and need help with your courses, visit the Trades Learning Centre for tutorial assistance.
Need a quiet place to study? Book a Study Room using the online room booking system.
For resources to support English language learners, visit the Communications & Study Skills Library guide. Note that Accessibility Services distinguishes between learning disabilities and second language acquisition process. We offer in-class and test accommodations only to students with diagnosed disabilities or ongoing medical conditions.
Visit Student Services for information on Counselling & Student Development, Student Health Services, Recreation Services, and more. BCIT offers a wide range of student supports and services, and you are encouraged to take advantage of them while you are studying at BCIT.
The Student Success Hub is available to you throughout your time at BCIT. This central resource provides an overview of BCIT’s student supports and services, helps you to identify your own Personal Action Plan for success, and shares and great tips and tools for motivation, time-management, and more.