To best support the need for physical distancing in response to recent COVID-19 developments, BCIT Accessibility Services will be conducting all work by phone, email, or virtual appointment until further notice.
With Winter 2020 final exams and Spring 2020 midterms quickly approaching, please submit all requests for exam accommodations to Accessibility Services by forwarding completed Exam Request Form to Accessibility Services. Where possible, please provide any information that you have about the details of the exam protocol. The Accessibility Services team is here to work with you and your instructor to identify the best way to support you.
Check the Online Exam Student Guidelines for some recommendations to help ensure you’re ready for your online exams.
For more information, please see the Accessibility Services Updates.
Our focus at the Accessibility Services is to empower you to overcome the limits and barriers that you encounter during your studies, visible and invisible, permanent or temporary. We look forward to helping you “level the playing field” and succeed in your courses. Whether you’re a full-time or a part-time student, or even if you just need help in figuring out which option is the best fit for you, we’d like to meet with you.
Enjoy browsing through the useful information we’ve put together on our website. Then call or come meet with us in a friendly, casual environment! Besides the assistance we can offer you, we can help you find other BCIT or community services when you need them.
So don’t wait – discover your potential today!
Check BCIT Burnaby campus Accessibility Map [PDF]
Can we help you?
If you’re thinking about seeing us or wondering if we can help, take a moment to review these statements. These statements can refer to permanent or temporary situations:
- I have mobility issues due to a physical or neurological disability.
- I have vision issues that prevent me from taking notes and seeing the board.
- I have issues with chronic pain or chronic fatigue affecting my ability to study.
- I have issues with hearing my instructors and classmates.
- I have mental health issues affecting my ability to study.
- I have health issues related to a medical condition that is affecting my ability to study.
- I have been diagnosed with a concentration or memory issue.
- I have been diagnosed with chronic anxiety issues.
- I have issues related to the side effects of medication I take for a health condition.
- I have a diagnosed condition that interferes with my learning or performance.
If any of these statements are true for you, you may want to contact us for help in “leveling the playing field” and maximizing your learning experience at BCIT.