Our focus at the Accessibility Services is to empower you to overcome the limits and barriers that you encounter during your studies, visible and invisible, permanent or temporary. We look forward to helping you “level the playing field” and succeed in your courses. Whether you’re a full-time or a part-time student, or even if you just need help in figuring out which option is the best fit for you, we’d like to meet with you.
On International Day of Persons with Disabilities, December 3rd 2022, we recognize and celebrate the equal rights and dignity of disabled people everywhere and reaffirm our commitment to building a world where people with disabilities are afforded the opportunities, independence, and respect they deserve.
Get a brief introduction to our services
Enjoy browsing through the useful information we’ve put together on our website. Then call or meet with us virtually in a friendly, casual environment! Besides the assistance we can offer you, we can help you find other BCIT or community services when you need them.
So don’t wait – discover your potential today!
To find out how to access our services, visit our Services Access page.
Are you a current student? Please don’t forget to update your Individual Accommodation Plan for Winter 2023. Please call us at 604-451-6963 to book an appointment.
Check BCIT Burnaby campus Accessibility Map [PDF]
- Awards for students with disabilities
- Global Skills Opportunity Award: assisting with the cost of integrated learning abroad
- Elevator status notification system (Burnaby campus)
- Registered Disability Savings Plan
- Volunteer opportunity [PDF]
- Bursary for students pursuing a career in Software Engineering or Information Technology [PDF]
- BCIT winter 2023 Bursaries [PDF]