Delivery mode: Blended
- This program will be delivered during COVID-19 as a combination of online and on-campus learning.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- We are putting measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see BCIT COVID-19 Return to Operations for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
BCIT, one of Canada’s largest aviation training schools, and Pacific Flying Club, one of Western Canada’s premier flight-training schools, have combined their resources and expertise to offer a unique training opportunity for men and women who wish to become airline pilots with a strong skill set of aviation industry knowledge. It is a fully integrated program that combines flight training with industry focused academic training.
Learners receive training required to qualify for a Private Pilot Licence (PPL), Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), Multi Engine Rating, Instrument Flight Rating, and a Diploma. The Diploma is designed specifically to meet the professional growth needs of an aviator in the exciting aviation business.
Meet one of our grads
The flying school
Pacific Flying Club (PFC), established in 1965, is the first flight training centre in the Lower Mainland to achieve accreditation with the Private Post-Secondary Education Commission of BC (PPSEC) (now known as Private Career Training Institutions Agency of British Columbia (PCTIA) and is a fully participating member of the Air Transport Association of Canada and the British Columbia Aviation Council. Pacific Flying Club has a large fleet of modern, well-equipped aircraft and is located at Boundary Bay Airport, south of Vancouver, BC.
The program is 64 weeks long and operates for four terms. It is one of the fastest ways in Canada to qualify for a commercial pilot’s licence while attaining a post-secondary diploma. The Airline and Flight Operations Diploma program follows training standards prescribed by both Transport Canada and the aviation industry. It is delivered at the BCIT Aerospace and Technology Campus and at the Boundary Bay Airport.
We strongly recommend applicants complete the Transport Canada Category 1 Aviation Medical Examination first, as that process takes the longest time to process.
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
Faculty & Staff
- Cheryl Cahill, Master of Aeronautical Science, Department Head
- Elizabeth Macey, Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Instructor
- Margo MacNeil, Master in Human Resource Management, Instructor
- Heather Madden-Johns, Bachelor of Arts, Instructor
- Tina Johal, Program Assistant (on leave)
- Agnes Ranoa, Program Assistant
- Glenn Oerzen
- Clark Duimel
- Guillaume Fortin
- Mitch Cady
- Jen Reynolds
- Caitlin Spelliscy
- Ryan Evans
- Julie Beverstein
- Cathy Press
- Diane Hughson
- John Milligan
- Ivan Leung
- Jacqueline Kirouac
- Tim Kingston
- Blair Nadeau
For more information about the Airline and Flight Operations program, please contact the Department Head, Cheryl Cahill.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.