Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, students must now book an appointment to write their assessment(s) at the Trades Learning Centre.
The abstract reasoning assessment is a non-verbal measure of reasoning ability. It evaluates the ability to think logically and to perceive relationships in abstract figure patterns within a specified time limit.
- 40 multiple-choice questions
- 20 minute time limit
- Only one re-write may be attempted in any term
- Passing score varies by program
- This assessment cannot be written online
How to register and pay
What to bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Proof of payment
- Pen, pencil and eraser
You will not be permitted to write the assessment without the required documents.
Download the Abstract Reasoning sample [PDF] to prepare for the assessment.