Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, students must now book an appointment to write their assessment(s) at the Trades Learning Centre.
The mathematics assessment is designed to measure general mathematical competence. Basic principles of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and measurement are assessed. The assessment evaluates the level of mathematical skills you would have learned in school or adult basic education classes, and provides a measure of your readiness to learn and use advanced math skills in trades training.
- 42 multiple-choice questions
- 45 minute time limit
- Scratch paper provided
- Only one re-write may be attempted in any term
- Passing score varies by program
How to register
What to bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Proof of payment
- Scientific calculator (no phones or computers permitted)
- Pen, pencil and eraser
You will not be permitted to write the assessment without the required documents.
Download the Math sample [PDF] to prepare for the assessment.