Getting to know a new work environment can be exciting and challenging. Your department leader (supervisor, program head, department head), manager, Human Resources, and colleagues will help you learn about your role and the Institute.
Once you have your BCIT network login information (your BCIT email address and network password) explore the Employee Orientation and Resources loop group.
Review the Employee Onboarding Checklists – to guide your onboarding: day 1, week 1, month 1 and beyond.
- Visit the All About BCIT: getting started optional online course. It has information about BCIT’s programs, services, main technology platforms, and perks.
Complete BCIT’s mandatory courses for new employees, within your first 30 days of employment.
- Employee Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Orientation
If you are a manager, supervisor, program head, or department head, you must also complete the Supervisor OHS Skills in your first 30 days as a supervisor.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Pandemic Exposure Control Plan (ECP) Summary
- Respect in the Workplace (Respect, Diversity and Inclusion Office).
- Violence Prevention (launch date TBD).
Other helpful links:
- Parking – information on parking permits, rates, tips and maps.
- Campuses – find out about other BCIT campuses and satellite locations.
- Policies – BCIT’s policies and procedures.
- Staff directory – find frequently called numbers on this page or search our directory by name, job title or department.
- Employee OHS Training – find OHS education/training requirements.
- Employee Self Service – access via myBCIT portal to check out more information on pay, benefits and other information.