In alignment with our commitment to be a people-focused organization, BCIT has developed a robust employee wellness program …
Wellness Works provides our people with resources to create the healthiest workplace possible, and takes a holistic approach to enhance your qualify of life, helping you achieve a work-life balance.
We offer workshops and health information to:
- support skill development and behaviour change;
- promote healthy living, personal coping strategies, and build resilience, and;
- foster a healthy workplace culture.
Being aware of your emotions, expressing your feelings appropriately, managing stress and striving for balance in your life.
Understanding your relationship with money by having the tools to make good financial decisions, allowing you to enjoy life and plan for the future.
A state of well-being allowing you to realize your own abilities, to cope with the normal stresses of life, to work productively, and to contribute to your community.
Promoting proper care for our bodies to obtain optimal health through physical activity, sleep hygiene, healthy eating and self-care.
By cultivating respectful interactions with friends, family and in our community we can create meaningful relationships and support systems for ourselves.
Having a set of values, faith, beliefs, ethics, principles and morals that provide us with a sense of purpose and give meaning to life events.
Looking for more wellness resources?
- Change: A Spotlight on Well-Being – May 11th
- Mental Health First Aid – May 30th and June 6th
- Supporting the Caregiver – June 1st
- Leadership Series 1 – Resilient Teams: Setting the Stage – June 1st (open to Management/Excluded/Supervisors/Department Heads & Program Heads only)
- Leadership Series 2 – Resilience & Relationship: We are Built to Connect – June 5th (open to Management/Excluded/Supervisors/Department Heads & Program Heads only)
- Planning for Retirement – June 12th
- Leadership Series 3 – Resilient Leadership: Self-Awareness – June 15th (open to Management/Excluded/Supervisors/Department Heads & Program Heads only)
- Inner Strength – June 19th
- Not Myself Today: Working with Emotions – July 25th
- Building Emotional Intelligence – August 23rd
Take 5 Daily
Are you looking to learn more about mindfulness?
Go to The Loop to learn more about MindWell’s Take 5 Daily (for BCIT Employees only).