In alignment with our commitment to be a people-focused organization, BCIT has developed a robust employee wellness program …
Wellness Works provides our people with resources to create the healthiest workplace possible, and takes a holistic approach to enhance your qualify of life, helping you achieve a work-life balance.
We offer workshops and health information to:
- support skill development and behaviour change;
- promote healthy living, personal coping strategies, and build resilience, and;
- foster a healthy workplace culture.
Being aware of your emotions, expressing your feelings appropriately, managing stress and striving for balance in your life.
Understanding your relationship with money by having the tools to make good financial decisions, allowing you to enjoy life and plan for the future.
A state of well-being allowing you to realize your own abilities, to cope with the normal stresses of life, to work productively, and to contribute to your community.
Promoting proper care for our bodies to obtain optimal health through physical activity, sleep hygiene, healthy eating and self-care.
By cultivating respectful interactions with friends, family and in our community we can create meaningful relationships and support systems for ourselves.
Having a set of values, faith, beliefs, ethics, principles and morals that provide us with a sense of purpose and give meaning to life events.
Looking for more wellness resources?
- Intervening in Workplace Conflict – February 2nd (for Management, Excluded, Supervisors, Department Heads, Program Heads only)
- Leadership Series Session 1 – Resilient Teams: Setting the Stage – February 7th (for Management, Excluded, Supervisors, Department Heads, Program Heads only)
- Leadership Series Session 2 – Resilience and Relationship: We are built to connect – February 9th (for Management, Excluded, Supervisors, Department Heads, Program Heads only)
- Leadership Series Session 3 – Resilient Leadership: Self-Awareness – February 14th (for Management, Excluded, Supervisors, Department Heads, Program Heads only)
- It’s Your Move: Getting and Staying Active – February 23rd
- Saving Strategies: Easy Concept, Difficult Reality – February 28th
- Healthy Eating: All About Compromise – March 8th
- Healthy Eating, Diabetes & Blood Sugar Management – March 13th
- Empathy – March 15th
- Change: A Spotlight on Well-Being – March 21st
Take 5 Daily
Are you looking to learn more about mindfulness?
Go to The Loop to learn more about MindWell’s Take 5 Daily (for BCIT Employees only).