In alignment with our commitment to be a people-focused organization, BCIT has developed a robust employee wellness program …
Wellness Works provides our people with resources to create the healthiest workplace possible, and takes a holistic approach to enhance your qualify of life, helping you achieve a work-life balance.
We offer workshops and health information to:
- support skill development and behaviour change;
- promote healthy living, personal coping strategies, and build resilience, and;
- foster a healthy workplace culture.
Being aware of your emotions, expressing your feelings appropriately, managing stress and striving for balance in your life.
Understanding your relationship with money by having the tools to make good financial decisions, allowing you to enjoy life and plan for the future.
A state of well-being allowing you to realize your own abilities, to cope with the normal stresses of life, to work productively, and to contribute to your community.
Promoting proper care for our bodies to obtain optimal health through physical activity, sleep hygiene, healthy eating and self-care.
By cultivating respectful interactions with friends, family and in our community we can create meaningful relationships and support systems for ourselves.
Having a set of values, faith, beliefs, ethics, principles and morals that provide us with a sense of purpose and give meaning to life events.
- Municipal Pension Plan: Approaching Retirement – September 22nd
- Handle with Care: Conflict Resolution in the Workplace – September 23rd
- 75 Ways to Save on Household Expenses – September 26th
- Helping Your Child Succeed at School – September 27th
- Beyond Stigma: Increasing our understanding of Mental Health in the Workplace – October 7th
- Managing Your Time and Energy – October 19th
- Mental Health First Aid – October 20th & 27th
- Effective Tax Strategies – October 21st
- Not Myself Today: Building Culture – October 25th
For more information on these and other wellness sessions, log in to Wellness Works on the Loop
30-Day Mindfulness Challenge
Are you looking to learn more about mindfulness?
Go to The Loop to learn more about the 30-Day Mindfulness Challenge (for BCIT Employees only).