In alignment with our commitment to be a people-focused organization, BCIT has developed a robust employee wellness program …
Wellness Works provides our people with resources to create the healthiest workplace possible, and takes a holistic approach to enhance your qualify of life, helping you achieve a work-life balance.
We offer workshops and health information to:
- support skill development and behaviour change;
- promote healthy living, personal coping strategies, and build resilience, and;
- foster a healthy workplace culture.
Being aware of your emotions, expressing your feelings appropriately, managing stress and striving for balance in your life.
Understanding your relationship with money by having the tools to make good financial decisions, allowing you to enjoy life and plan for the future.
A state of well-being allowing you to realize your own abilities, to cope with the normal stresses of life, to work productively, and to contribute to your community.
Promoting proper care for your body to obtain optimal health through physical activity, sleep hygiene, healthy eating self-care and health screenings.
By cultivating respectful interactions with friends, family and in your community you can create meaningful relationships and support systems for ourselves.
Having a set of values, faith, beliefs, ethics, principles and morals that provide you with a sense of purpose and give meaning to life events.
Looking for more wellness resources?
- Dealing with Headaches – November 7th
- Municipal Pension Plan: Approaching Retirement – November 7th
- Building Working Relationships – November 21st
- Workplace Mental Health Leadership Certificate Program – November 23rd & 30th (open to Management/Excluded/Supervisors/Department Heads & Program Heads only)
- Leadership Series 1 – Resilient Teams: Setting the Stage – November 27th (open to Management/Excluded/Supervisors/Department Heads & Program Heads only)
- Leadership Series 2 – Resilience in Working Relationships: We are built to connect – November 29th (open to Management/Excluded/Supervisors/Department Heads & Program Heads only)
- Leadership Series 3 – Resilient Leadership: Self-Awareness – December 4th (open to Management/Excluded/Supervisors/Department Heads & Program Heads only)
- Borrowing 101: Financing Basics – December 5th
Take 5 Daily
Are you looking to learn more about mindfulness?
Go to The Loop to learn more about MindWell’s Take 5 Daily (for BCIT Employees only).