Fall 2020 Delivery Mode: ONLINE
- This program will be delivered online for the Fall semester.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
Medical Office Assistants work as administrators in the health care sector, helping to make the entire office run smoothly.. They possess strong client-service skills as well as excellent organization and communication skills.
This program is designed to give you applied, relevant knowledge about health care and the office setting to prepare you for work in the field. The Medical Office Assistant Associate Certificate includes a practicum to gain real-world experience and is one of BCIT’s more popular programs, with classes filling up quickly.
Turn your interest in medicine and working with others into a rewarding career as a Medical Office Assistant.
About the program
Employers value BCIT’s applied, job-ready approach to education and training. It’s the BCIT advantage that sets our graduates apart from the pack. Our courses are taught by knowledgeable and experienced instructors who are industry professionals.
- Build a solid foundation in medical office administration
- Flexible scheduling, with courses delivered evenings and weekends throughout the year, at BCIT’s Burnaby campus
- Hands-on industry practicum provides you with valuable experience and contacts
- Graduate 100% ready to start your career
Learn more about how this program prepares you for a new career as a Medical Office Assistant on the Program Details
Who should complete the Medical Office Assistant Associate Certificate?
This program might be for you if:
- You enjoy working with people
- You have excellent organizational and communication skills
- You’re interested in health care and the medical field
Classes fill quickly for this popular program, so be aware of the registration dates, which are updated for each term here
. Then visit the Program Entry
page to declare your program.
What grads can do
With the job-focused training you receive at BCIT, you will be completely prepared for work in medical offices from the day you graduate. You will have many options as employers are always seeking qualified applicants in several workplace settings including walk-in clinics, family practices, specialist offices, hospitals, and more.
Find out more about the new job opportunities awaiting you on the Graduating and Jobs