Helping to make the entire office run smoothly are Medical Office Assistants, who work as administrators in the health care industry. They must possess strong client-service skills as well as excellent organization and communication skills, and can turn their interest in medicine and working with others into a rewarding career.
This program is designed to give you usable, relevant knowledge about health care and the office setting to prepare you for work in the field. Including a practicum to gain real-world experience, the Medical Office Assistant Associate Certificate is one of BCIT’s more popular programs with classes filling up quickly.
About the program
- Minimum completion time 1.5 years
- Part-time evenings and some weekends at the Burnaby campus
- Hands-on practicum and new electronic medical records (EMR) software
- Graduate 100% ready to start your career
See more about how you can prepare for a new career as a Medical Office Assistant at Program Details
Who should complete the Medical Office Assistant Associate Certificate?
This program might be for you if:
- You can type at least 40 words per minute
- You enjoy working with people
- You have excellent organizational and communication skills
- You’re interested in health care and the medical field
Classes fill quickly for this popular program, so be aware of the registration dates, which are updated for each term here
. Then visit the Program Entry
page to declare your program.
What grads can do
With the job-focused training you receive at BCIT, you will be completely prepared for work in medical offices from the day you graduate. You will have many options as employers are always seeking qualified applicants in several workplace settings including walk-in clinics, family practices, specialist offices, hospitals, and more.
Find out more about the new job opportunities awaiting you on the Graduating and Jobs